Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Classic Rock

What a great weekend. The course was in great shape, especially for how dry it is, a full field, and I actually didn’t look like a complete chop for the whole weekend. My career in this tournament, while very fulfilling in most all areas, has been very suspect as a player. The first time I played my round started with 10 straight bogeys. Isn’t that just great? Not this year, I had a great ball striking weekend and finished with a 154. Good enough for a B Flight second place. I did this while having the worst thoughts over the ball that one could have, I was just waiting for the big disaster, but it never came.


Coach, I need a putting drill. I hit it on my mark all weekend but had problems getting it to the hole. (I know, hit it harder.) A lot of good looks at birdie turned into a tap in par. I’m not complaining, hell I’m glad they weren’t tap in doubles, but we’re here to get better right?

Of all the holes to have problems on, I made a double bogey on the very short and very straight par- 4 13th. My worst swing of the weekend, there was one on Saturday that was close, awarded me with a big fat OB and a nice 6 on the scorecard. But, like my son learned in pre-school, “you get what you get and you don’t throw a fit!”


Look out for this kid Adam Schenk. He’s from Vincennes and is headed to play golf at Purdue. He’s got a real chance to be something special. As a high school senior he shot the 2nd best score in the entire tournament, playing the same tees as the professional flight.



My over/under on beers for the weekend was 36. I really hope you took the over.



It was good to spend time with the MisHit Mafia members; it had been waaaay too long. Although, it seems my speech begins to slur when I’m around them for any length of time. I guess it must be something in the air.



I’m sorry, but for some reason I can’t stand Bubba Watson. It’s something about the way he carries himself. I don’t know why, but he bugs me.


Next up on my tournament list is the Evansville City Qualifier. Hopefully my second major of the year will go as well as the last couple of weekends. But, as many of my readers know, with my golf game I’m always ready for it to all leave me.



Maybe I need a psychiatrist not a Coach.



Anyway, until Thursday, SWING HARD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment