Popular Posts

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Heading to the Oaks

I'm ready for this weekend. After listening to the COACH and his tips on my pulls, which I have controlled recently, and tasting a little success last weekend; I really feel good going into the weekend. I plan on doing my best on and off the course. If I was to guess, by Sunday I'll look something like this.




I'm going to get all of the bad thoughts out of my head right now and only picture good things on the weekend. So here goes, my nightmare shots on the old farm.

3rd shot #1.
While I've been hitting my wedges pretty good lately, over the past three years I've hit more skanks on this hole than Jesse James hit behind Sandra's back. I usually leave myself about 60 yards and then hit my wedge about 3 feet high and 70 feet over the green. My plan.....leave myself a full wedge into the green.

2nd shot #4
The drive on this hole doesn't really fit my eye, but this second shot into the sloping green has been one of frustration. It seems I either leave it really short, because I'm afraid of the putt down the hill,  or I pull it left which leaves a really shitty chance at par.  My plan.......this is really a confidence thing more than anything. Just swing the club and if I have a downhill putt then so be it.

2nd shot #7
If the tee is up, this long and tight par 4 gets a whole lot easier. If the tee is back then it leaves a hybrid or maybe even a three wood in. (yes, I said three wood. I know the damn thing is not made of wood. I don't hit three metals just like I don't wear sunplastics.)  Again, confidence is the key but I'm really going to assess where I'm at and if need be lay up and not make a big number.

Tee shot #8
Anything left is fine. Right of the green leaves you in more trouble than a cold beer near the Mishit Mafia.

Tee Shot #13
While this is an easy hole and should be an automatic par. I cannot, I will not get greedy. Just be calm, take a breath and get it in or near the fairway.

2nd Shot #16
Again, if the tee is up this whole goes from being a real toughie to what can be called a "should par."  This shot can be missed to the right and par is still in play. Hit it left and you bring a whole bunch of trouble into the ballgame.

#17
The whole fucking thing. By far the worst whole on a great course....and it's not even close. Either fix the green or fix the fairway, you can't penalize good shots on both.



One more mention of the Classic tournament history. It's really underrated that there are currently 3 players that are in the top 100  of the PGA Tour Money list that have played this tournament in the recent past. 

Derek Lamely #56 on the list,



 Kevin Streelman #90




  Josh Teater #91.



 Pretty dang cool! Not many tournaments around that can say that.

Thanks for reading the blog this week, I hope you have enjoyed it. I know that I've enjoyed writing it. Now I've got to go out and do something to make the post tourney blogs just as exciting! Wish me luck.

The Shot Taker

No comments:

Post a Comment