Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I wonder if Santa gives three footers?

Ho Ho Ho Shot Nation. I hope you all have put in your requests for putters, fairway woods and that hot new 900 dollar driver that you know will help you game.  If Santa has any heart at all he'll at least bring you  a couple of gloves.

Speaking of Santa. I wonder what golfing with him would be like? First off, you know that deep "bowl full of jelly" laugh would pop out during your back swing. That could be a bit annoying. The fact that he rides a sleigh and a deer instead of the cart could be a bit amusing. But the best thing of all, and I would hope we are all in agreement, is seeing his crack showing every time he marks his ball. Damn, that would never get old.



Great tips by the Coach for the winter time. I have always wanted to get  on a good regimen for the winter so I'm not playing catchup when the ice starts to melt. 

I tried to watch a bit of the Shark Shootout this past weekend but I just can't watch golf during the silly season.  Sorry.

Was that MY Sara Brown that got her LPGA card at Q school?  Looks like someone is going to make plans to attend the Dinah Shore Nabisco Open.  Woooooo Hoooooo.



Alright, my new walking regimen is going ok, not great but ok. Myself,  ShotGal, Mook and Shot In Law entered a 5K that was raising money for something or other last Saturday.  It was fun, even though I cut off a block or so and turned it into my own personal 3K.  Actually it wasn't fun, every damn minute of it sucked and I don't understand these mental patients that run for enjoyment. What the hell are they thinking?  I knew I was in trouble, and I'm not kidding about this one bit when at mile marker 1 I was feeling pretty good about my pace. So I'm jiggling along the river walk and I look over to see whose passing me and it's a 50 something broad carrying her dog. Yes, I said CARRYING HER FUCKING DOG!!  I knew right then and there that my Olympic dreams were over.



Random thoughts from the mind of The Shot Taker:

Is there any more annoying people in the world than the "overly dramatic" college basketball coach?



Watch the 30 for 30 about SMU "Pony Excess." A really entertaining look at how college football was done back in the old Southwest Conference. My favorite line of the night, one booster said...."we signed Eric Dickerson....................we'll that's about all I'm going to say about that." Yeah, it's obvious  his grandma ma bought him that gold trans am.

Good to see "The Professor,' one of the proud members of SHOTNATION at the Evansville Aces vs North Carolina Tarheels last week. Evansville hasn't seen that many Amish in one place since the Black Buggy grand opening. OK, Mennonites, but that's not nearly as funny.

Just finished reading "The War For Latenight, When Leno Went Early and Television Went Crazy"
A really good read if you are in the mood for an interesting story about television. I never cared much for Jay Leno and this book confirms he a douche bag.


Stay tuned as we get closer to the new year, I'm starting to prepare my BEST AND WORST FOR 2010. Also, Coach, please keep the wintertime activities coming. We need the help.

Until next time......

Swing Hard

The Shot Taker

No comments:

Post a Comment