Popular Posts

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Popcorn Anyone?

The Shot Takers take on the best golf movies....................

1. Tin Cup


I quote Roy or Rome in nearly every round of golf that I play, as annoying as that may sound, I’m sure my buddies would never say it. “Little Gust Coach!” There is so many golf clichés and references in here to last lifetime. So the acting is not great and the story is a bit far fetched. It’s really fun to watch.





2. The Greatest Game Ever Played.

First, it’s true and from all accounts pretty accurate. When they hoist Frances on the gallery’s shoulders at the end and he is telling everyone to give the money to his pint sized caddie, it gets pretty dusty in the eyes of the old Shot Taker.



3. Bagger Vance

Charlize Theron is so damn hot in this movie that I don’t give a rat’s ass how good it is. Matt Damon’s swing is a little suspect and for God sakes, how long did he take to hit that last shot out of the trees. Jeez, get a clock on him. I do however think that The Shot Taker and Walter Hagen would have had a lot of fun together. “Walt, order us another scotch while I get those two hot- ass flapper girls over here!”


4. Happy Gilmore

Sure it was stupid. But there are some really funny moments in this movie and it gives us a brief look at how hot Julie Bowen was going to be before she became famous on Boston Legal and now Modern Family. Be honest how many of you have tried to hit the ball while running towards it. Having Bob Barker kick Happy’s ass was pure comic genius.




5. Caddyshack

I know, I know, it’s sacrilegious not to list this as the greatest thing in golf with the exception of Paula Creamers tits, but honestly, it’s not really that funny. It’s amusing, and has some iconic scenes that I really like, but overall it’s just a good movie, not what it is made out to be.


As a caveat to this list I have to say that I have never seen Dead Solid Perfect. In John Daly’s book he says that this is the best golf movie of all time. I’m going to try and find a copy and watch it to see if he had a snoot full of Jack Daniels or if it’s really that good.



Look for Best Golf Books Tomorrow……….Yes, Assholes, I can read.




Swing Hard, Walter!





The Shot Taker

No comments:

Post a Comment