Popular Posts

Monday, January 3, 2011

Twenty Eleven

Greetings Shot Nation. Welcome to 2011, isn’t it great? What are we going to do about our golf games this year? First and foremost let’s plan to have fun and get better at the same time. The Coach is going to take care of the “game adjustment” aspect and I’ll provide, hopefully, the humorous side.
Keeping the grips warm.



Ok, this year my “majors” are going to be roughly the same. With one exception, I need to find another individual tournament to set my sights on, so we’ll keep that spot open for now. These are the for- sures:

Country Oaks Classic

Evansville City Tournament

Oak Meadow Club Championship

I might throw in the Vincennes Open, the Knox County Open, or find a new one to play in. We’ll see.

Here are my 2011 Goals as they stand right now, subject to change of course:

• Keep my scores out of the 90’s no matter where I play. I know I’m going to have a stinker now and then but no more scores this high.

• Win my flight at Country Oaks. These may seem a little lofty, especially the way my year ended, but with a 2nd place finish last year, I cannot set the bar any lower. It’s my favorite course and the one I’m most comfortable on, so I will keep this goal where it’s at.

• Qualify for the City Tournament. We all remember the debacle that was last year’s qualifier. This year I can’t put into the committee’s hands. Just go out and do it the right way.

• I guess my goal for the club championship should be to just finish, but we’ll say a top 3 in my flight is a goal that I can shoot for.


• Finally, when I decide to walk 18 holes, I want to make it up the hill on 15 without having to put my brother through the humiliation of performing CPR on a very woozy ShotTaker.



I have my winter drills from the coach and my weighted club ready to go to begin my training. I might go train in Russia like Rocky did while preparing for Drago.


Loose Impediments

I chuckled a couple of weeks ago as The Golf Channel came out of a commercial break and said something like “The only channel dedicated to golf.” They then returned to the movie “Point Break.”



I saw where Chuck Berry collapsed on stage over the weekend. Uh, Chuck, maybe you and Dick Clark should consider hanging it up?



Speaking of……………..Dick Clark is killing me. I told you I don’t like bad situations for old or mentally challenged people, he might be the perfect storm.



That was the single worst NFL weekend that I have ever seen. The one game that really meant something had two teams, the Rams and the Seahawks, that couldn’t combine in an all star team and beat the MisHit Mafia. And we don’t have a legitimate quarterback.

Until Next Time,


Swing Hard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment