Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Golf Shopping Trip Results

Well, things did not go exactly as planned due to the rain. Here is what I did.... I went to a store and hit 4 different drivers with different lofts and shaft flexes. The golf shots were evaluated on a launch monitor inside the store. I went with what the machine said and bought the driver.

I took it out on the range today and the driver was in no way close to the results on the launch monitor. It was a disaster that ranged from duck hooks to banana slices. Disappointed?... yes. Surprised?... No. Need a golf swing session with the golf pro... probably not. If all of the misses were the same, then a golf tip or two from the pro might be needed. The launch monitors merely give you a snapshot of what the gof club head is doing at impact. It is not uncommon to have this result. The truth is not known until you get outside and can see what the ball is doing.

The main issue with the golf club I bought is that the shaft has a low kick point and a soft tip. For me, this means lack of control of the clubface. The shaft does not fit my golf swing. The clubhead is likely fine, I just need to try it with a different shaft. Oh well, I have the receipt and I will return it and try another. Will let you know the results. Until then... Keep firing at the pins!!

Coach
"The Shot Maker"

2 comments:

  1. What's the next driver up? I've been thinking of making a switch and would love to hear some specifics as to what deals are out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next driver that I am trying is the Nike Machspeed STR8-Fit. They retail for $299 in the golf shops, but you can pick up a new one on e-bay for less that $200.

    E-bay is a great source for buying golf clubs. You can pick up a nice used club and if you don't like it, put it back up for sale and make your money back and occasionally make a profit!

    ReplyDelete