Popular Posts

Friday, April 23, 2010

What's In The Shot Takers Bag

Before we get to my magnificent revelations on my weapons, let's talk about a couple of things.

First, if you watched the end of the Hilton Head PGA event last week you will know what I'm talking about. When trying to make a ruling on the playoff hole, the bumbling rules official handled it something like this over his walkie talkie:

Rules Guy: He hit a stick.

Other Rules Guy on radio: What?

RG: He HIT A STICK.

ORG: A stick. On his follow through?

RG: No, on his back...

ORG: Because if it was on his follow through it's ok.

RG: NO. ON HIS BACKSWING.

ORG: What?

RG: HE HIT A STICK ON HIS BACKWING..

ORG: When did he hit it?

You get the idea. Now my question. There were only two guys playing golf on the whole freaking course. Could not ALL of the officials get off of their fat asses and come out to where the action is?

Played 9 holes last night. MUCH BETTER! After talking with the Coach, I have been thinking about hip bumping as much as when I first discovered Shakira videos. Except these hips ain't lying. I did the little drill that I was instructed to do all week and then took it to the course. My arms were in a much better position and I hit the majority of my irons straight. Thanks, Coach!! I'm a big believer in trying to avoid pissing off the Golf Gods, so I'm not going to get too carried away, but it is much better.

Now, I know you are on the edge of your seat to find out what I'm going to use to take my game to the next level. But first I must thank my #1 sponsor and club representative...EBAY. Thanks for all the help; I couldn't reach this level of mediocrity without you.

Driver: Nike SQ Sumo 460. 10.5 degree
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo2 15 degree
Hybrid: Nike SQ Sumo2 20 degree (love this club!)
4-PW: Bridgestone J33 Forged
Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action 900, 52,56,60
Putter: Odyssey Tri Hot #2
Ball: Bridgestone E5
Bag: Ping Hoofer
Cart: Clicgear 2.0
Apparel: Whatever Fits

Hopefully the rain will come and go this weekend so I can get out on the course and give you a full report on my progress.

Good luck to TST's fave Josh Teater on making the cut this weekend in the bayou.

Til next time.....BUMP THOSE HIPS

The Shot Taker

No comments:

Post a Comment