Popular Posts

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Conquering the World--- 9 Holes at a Time

Conquering the World 9 Holes at a Time. That's my golfing life right now. It's been hard with a new job, back in the industry that I actually know what I'm doing, a wife and 2 kids at home, not to mention a budding  modeling career. Let's just say it's been hard to get 18 in.

Speaking of my golf game, I'm actually seeing some progress. The little bit of length that I had is starting to come back and I'm beginning to hit my irons at a more consistent level.  I actually broke 40 for the first time this year on Saturday. God, did that feel good. Even better..... in the first few rounds I walked this year, I needed to suck on an oxygen mask like Earl Campbell after a long TD run for the Oilers.




Not any more, I have remained conscious and only have a slight burn in my thighs walking up hills. (This should help the modeling career!)

I have been re-reading the Coach's golf tips on a regular basis and I can say that they are helping! Stick with him and he will help your game, and do it without spending hours on the range, which none of us have time to do. 

If you have any questions for The Shot Taker or the Coach, feel free to comment here or send an email to ashotofgolf@gmail.com. Here is a question that came in last week:

Dear Shot Taker,
It sounded like you and The Shot Gal were having a bit of a problem on your pre-Mothers Day round. How did it go when you got home?

Love the Blog,
Chris, Onward Indiana

Well, Chris. I must say that The Shot Gal was calmed down when I got home. Of course, that is assuming you call "calmed down" being asleep on the couch and three bottles of soft red between her and my snoring sister in law. Ah, I love TSG, she just was under the impression that Mothers Day now should be called Mothers Weekend.

I've got 18 planned on Saturday and it looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend. My favorite Uncle is in town and my brother has a couple extra bucks he wants to lose to me, so I can't WAIT to get out there.

Get loose for the weekend round......Swing Hard

The Shot Taker

No comments:

Post a Comment