Popular Posts

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Saturday's Round

Not too bad. Not too good, but not too bad.  Started off with a ho-hum par, those have been more of a rarity this year than I would like. Hit a very stiff- backed drive on 2 that found the fairway and then proceeded to hit a three wood that went approximately 8 feet. I KILLED the top 1/32 nd of the ball on that one. I'm saying I hit it thinner than Calista Flockhart's midsection. After that I can honestly say that I was fairly solid.

Of course; take off the back to back 7's that I began the back 9 with and my score is ok.We must pause here for excuse time:

My wife's correspondence through text message went like this:

Shot Gal: How's it Goin?

Shot Taker: Good, Up 1 after 10

SG: Ten?

ST: yeah

SG: Interesting

ST: Why interesting?

SG: More so now that you had your brother test the waters with his wife.

(by this time I'm fucking fuming and beating balls through the tree line like a Star Wars pinball machine)

ST: Don't you have wine to drink?

SG: You know after 2 bottles we go nigh nigh

ST: Great you've now made me double bogey this hole

SG: Hit it better, Bitch

And so it goes.......

Made alot of pars on the back and thanks to the Coach's tips.....I feel like the game is coming. Not quite there, but we're getting closer. I, at least, am not ready to trade the Bridgestones in for my old Clevelands.  Let's calm down and stay the course.

1 1/2 months until the Belt Tech Classic at Country Oaks, probably going to be my first real test of tournament action. I'll have a hard time matching my past success in this event. Wait........I've had no success. Maybe this is the year.

Tiger withdrew from the Players with a pain in the neck. Sounds as if Elin is back in the picture. (thanks, Artie!)

Don't forget to click the link at the right to be a follower of the blog and feel free to comment.

Swing Hard!
The Shot Taker

No comments:

Post a Comment