Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Haney Resigns from Tiger

To ease some worries from my student "The Shot Taker" (TST).   No... I am not going to resign as your swing coach and start working with Tiger.  Hell, anyone can give Tiger some golf tips and look like a genius.  I want to work on improving your golf swing..... A REAL Challenge. 

A comment on TST's most recent round and a good golf tip for everyone.  If you really and truly want to work on your golf game and are serious about it.... leave the frigging cell phone in the car!!  It is distracting to others golfers playing with you. An ill advised conversation like TST had with his wife can RUIN the best of golf games on the spot in an instant.  I know that sometimes they are necessary... for example, the salesman who is playing golf with clients during the afternoon and still needs to keep business moving. But when you need to be serious about practice or a tournament..... Shut it OFF!!

In fact I think I will start a phenomena like Oprah has with her" No Cell Phone Calls or Texting" while driving campaign.  Hell, its a lot harder driving a golf ball than it is a car!  I will work on the agreements and make them available for all you golfers to make your pledges to make your round a "No Cell Phone Zone".  Maybe I will have some bag tags made for you to use.  Let's make a difference!!

Coach
"The Shot Maker"

No comments:

Post a Comment