Popular Posts

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Get That Buffer Guy....It's Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

The week is finally here. All of the bullshit that I’ve written about over the last few weeks concerning the city tournament is now upon us. Lots of questions out there.


1. Will I keep my head and not goof this thing up?

2. Will I stay patient, remember my pre shot routine and do the things that the Coach has talked about?

3. Will I follow the rules of the tournament or risk disqualification by sneaking a Coors Light at the turn?



The course that I’m playing on is an extremely flat and straight course with very small greens. A premium will be more on accuracy than length. A premium will be placed on my short game. Coach, I look forward to hearing your assessment and tips for the week.

What’s it going to take to qualify? I am only guessing but I’m thinking a 76 will get me in. That’s only a guess but I’m going to set that as my target number. The key for me will be not to let a bad hole or two ruin my entire day and get through the rough spots and keep plugging away. Patience isn’t always my best area so this will be a challenge. Look for updates all week on my preparation for Personal Major Number 2 of the season.

The Open Championship was really an odd tournament this year. You had the mop top come out on Thursday and shoot the course record and have the media practically hand him the championship. (He wasn’t exactly denying the fact that he pretty much had it wrapped up either). Then the next day the Golf Gods laughed as he fired an 80 and looked like Jiggs trying to navigate his way around Victoria National. For those of you who don’t know Jiggs or Victoria, let’s just say it wasn’t pretty. The absence of the top ranked players in the world was strange. The winner not only made Sunday very anti climactic but also is nicknamed Shrek. Hmmm.

Ok, Shot Nation…..its tourney week so let’s really SWING HARD THIS WEEK!!!!



The Shot Taker

No comments:

Post a Comment