Popular Posts

Monday, July 26, 2010

Qualifier Schmalifier

Well, crap. As I said earlier, I failed in my mission to make the City Tourney.  I, not being able to do anything normally, had the entire committee  in  a huddle deciding my fate. When you either have an 8 or a 3 on a hole, depending on the ruling, that tends to happen.

I let my nerves get to me at the beginning. I had that feeling of do I really belong here, am I good enough, why is Shakira overtaking Pam Anderson as my number one hottie. Wait, that was later.
or

Anyway, I'm not going to lie, after the shitty start I was thinking.."Here we go again. Just like always you are going to bend under the strain of a tourney and fail miserably."  But, I am very proud that I didn't fold up the tent. I kept fighting and made a bit of a comeback. This led me to ask.   Is losing easier than winning?


I wonder if sometimes in the back of my mind I take the easy way out and do what is expected. Let my nerves get to me and just know that it's easier to fail and bitch about it over a few beers than to actually face my fears and make good shots.

Send me and the Coach and email and we will post some of your stories, anonymously, about times that you have failed in your mission. I think we could all learn a lesson or two from our stories.  Email address is ashotofgolf@gmail.com

What's next on the "Takers" golf schedule? This weekend is the Beat The Pro at my club. Two man teams play one best net vs the head pro and his assistants best gross ball.  I think I'm playing, waiting on my brother to decide if he can play. The next biggie is the member/guest which is the third weekend in August.

My main goal in the next few weeks is to work closely with the Coach, hopefully including a practice session together, and really start working hard on my swing. I've got to get it better so it will hold up better when things are a little tense.

The next blog will talk about "Hit and Giggles." Playing golf with your wife. The ShotGal should love this one.


Swing Hard

The Shot Taker


No comments:

Post a Comment