Popular Posts

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Give me a P

Move over Al Geiberger (1977), Chip Beck (1991) and David Duval (1999). There’s a new Mr. 59 in the club. This from a guy that had some of my favorite lines ever in a golf interview. When he was leading the Players after the third round a few years ago, Bob Costas interviewed him:


Costas: "Why do you wear your shirts buttoned to the top on a 90-degrees day?"


Goydos: "I have no shoulders, and that's the only way the shirt stays on."


Costas: "Have you ever held the 54-hole lead?"


Goydos: "No, but I've only been out on tour for 16 years."


Costas: (on Sunday morning): "How did you sleep last night?"


Goydos: "On my back."

The only person who is even close to this big of a smart ass is everyones Uncle Slick.



I walked 9 holes last night and shot a smooth 43. Nothing to be alarmed about, I just needed a tune up. I was actually really happy with the way I rolled it. Just got a bit wild at times. You would too if you looked like a Volkswagen that was dripping all of its paint off. Jeez it was hot.

I was also caddying for my 6 year old on his first “real” round of his life. He didn’t hit off of the tees. We had him tee it up from the 150 yard marker and play the holes out. Usually we let him hit off of the tee then pick it up and drop near the green. He hit 2 greens in regulation, when he learns a bit of touch with the putter I’ll be retiring. This kids going to make me millllllions. Boooooha ha ha ha.


I continue to work on the golf tips that the Coach has prescribed. But now I have a new one. Give me a drill that will help Shot Taker Jr. how learn a bit of touch on the greens.


If Lebron goes out and breaks his hometown’s heart tonight on national TV, he has a lot less class than I thought he did. If you are going to sign elsewhere, does it really need to be a televised special? The last time something this shallow and empty was a 1 hour special, Al Capone left us nothing but a pack of crackers and a used condom in that vault.

I ordered a Cleveland CG 15 – 56* wedge with my member / member winnings. I will have a review just as soon as I get it and hit it.



Until Next Time………..



SWING HARD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment